Liquid HydroCarbon Resin
Liquid hydrocarbon resin was developed using a fraction owned by us as the raw material.
It is possible to change the temperature viscosity characteristic responding to the request of customers. In addition, it is possible to select presence/absence of unsaturated bond (hydrogen addition) responding to your request.
Inquire about the detail.
Features of product
- It is liquid resin, In addition, resin added with hydrogen is colorless and transparent.
- It can be adjusted to desired viscosity.
- It shows solubility to various general organic solvents.
- It shows compatibility to various polymers and thermoplastic elastomers.
- Plasticizer for hot melt adhesives (alternate material for plasticizer)
- Reforming additive agent for rubber products, such as tires
- Reforming additive agent for coating agents and sealing materials
How about for the following needs?
- Looking for liquid plasticizer, and a certain viscosity is desired.
- Liquid resin with an unsaturated bond is desired to make it react.
- Oligomer with small molecular weight is desired because of application to additive agent.
Information on properties
Table of development product properties
Representative values of development products are shown.
Behavior of viscosity change for temperature
- Development product A is the resin where the viscosity change for temperature is small.
It shows the behavior of a viscosity change similar to Paraffinic oil (commercial product) used as a plasticizer for additive agents.
- Development products B and C are resins of which viscosity change for temperature is large.
- Viscosity change of resin for temperature can be selected according to the application of customers.
Solubility for organic solvent
Development product shows good solubility for various organic solvents.
Compatibility for thermoplastic elastomer
Development product shows good compatibility for various styrene elastomers used for adhesives, packaging film, asphalt modifiers, etc.
- Weight reduction ratio of development product at 160°C is ‒ 2%, and stability is retained even under heating conditions.
- It can be also used for adhesives and sealant applications with manufacturing/processing processes under high temperature.
Example of application
Alternate material of plasticizer (process oil) for hot melt adhesive (HMA)
- Hot melt adhesive composition using a development product with high viscosity close to the working temperature has excellent bleed-out resistance, and the seepage phenomenon seldom occurs even under long-term use/storage.
- Application property of hot melt adhesives using a development product with low viscosity at the coating work temperature is similar to that of the hot melt adhesive currently used.